Time for a new seat?

Need a new drivers seat for my 96 Mack CL,have had a high back (the original seat hat came with the truck) but I think a low back would suit me just fine,ether way any recommendations for a decent seat,should I buy on line or r just see what my Mack dealer has?

6 hours ago, MACKS said:

Need a new drivers seat for my 96 Mack CL,have had a high back (the original seat hat came with the truck) but I think a low back would suit me just fine,ether way any recommendations for a decent seat,should I buy on line or r just see what my Mack dealer has?

If you get a high back, be sure the seat back doesn't doesn't angle back on top to much. I put a Bostrom serta in mine and it hits the back ball even with the deeper cab. And I believe that all the new bostroms are junk. 

You might consider covering the old seat.  My husband and I reupholstered the original drivers seat in our 1979 cruiseliner.  We removed the stationary seat in the passenger side and added a reupholstered national.  We did the seats in cowhide and were pleased with the results. 

000_1674.JPG

000_1675.JPG

000_1676.JPG

000_1634.JPG

000_1635 (1).JPG

000_1635.JPG

old seat bottom.jpg

seat back old.jpg

seat top.jpg

seat bottom.jpg

seat in truck.jpg

• Like 1