Dynatard hydraulic exhaust valve lash adjusters discontinued my Mack and Pai???!!! Now What??

When I needed a lash cap for my 237 (also nla) I got on Facebook Mack pages and asked.  In a few short hours I had an offer.  Couple days later it showed up.  FB can be a useful tool.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

56 minutes ago, BucketTrucker688 said:

I'm in need of a Mack 73GC27D or PAI ELA-3543 lash adjusters I'd like to do all 6 but am being told mack and Pai both discontinued them. Now what do I do?

We have a lot of old stock, I'll check in the morning, maybe you'll get lucky and we have some. 

9 hours ago, steeler said:
We have a lot of old stock, I'll check in the morning, maybe you'll get lucky and we have some. 

That would be much appreciated! I guess this scenario is becoming more common as these engines age. Crazy why they would discontinue them though. If you find any let me know Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mack Technician said:
Use that guide I gave you on the last thread to find your thickness and buy the proper thickness shim stock online. Cut out your own pickle fork that slides into the Jake clearance. If you can’t imagine what it looks like go to the Mack dealership with a chunk of cardboard and cut a dummy fork to duplicate or sketch it.

I don't think I know which guide your referring to ... sorry

On 5/30/2019 at 9:55 PM, BucketTrucker688 said:

Dumb question and I'll ask Allentown mack tomorrow but when you buy a reman rocker arm from cat it comes with everything as a assembly, is it the same way with mack or do they sell it all a individual parts???

When I went to buy one a few years ago it was piece work.  But they may have been out of the complete reman stuff I don't know 

I think I know the bolts you need, we bought a few from Mack a few years ago for our Jacobs brake on one of our ebdt676 motors. I think we got the last 3 available, rofl! They were $80 each!!! Ripoff. We bought em and took a few out of our spare motor, too.

• 3 weeks later...