50 minutes ago, terry said:

Noisey engine, did the cab rust off or was cut off?     terry:MackLogo:

A lot of the first and a bit of the second...I have most of the parts for it bar the drivers door. We restore quite a few timber framed truck cabs and car  bodies so it is not beyond repair. It is a sleeper cab

I also have a second LFSW from the same batch with a slightly better cab so that will help too.

Oh and I must admit I thought that it was relatively quiet - it had no exhaust system on at all. Plus my recovery truck was running alongside it with the jump leads attached because I thought that I was going to have to spend a while bleeding air from the system, which proved not to be required as it started pretty much straight away having primed up the lift pump and filled the fuel filter bleeding off the air as I did so.

Edited by paulbrook
  • Like 1

There was a fellow from the UK or thereabouts on here a few years back that had one with a tree growing through the front bumper, it looked similar to this truck. His cab was severely rusted also. He was trying to save the truck, but he stopped posting.

20 hours ago, h67st said:

There was a fellow from the UK or thereabouts on here a few years back that had one with a tree growing through the front bumper, it looked similar to this truck. His cab was severely rusted also. He was trying to save the truck, but he stopped posting.

This is that one - he posted here as Stephenellis. He did some good work on the engine - just in time too, any longer and I think it would have been beyond redemption. Since buying this one from him I acquired a second and parts from the third (which was broken for scrap). He posted a bunch of pictures in the gallery - worth a look through if you have a moment.