• 3 weeks later...

Amazingly 10 were shipped to UK at the start of the second world war, and ended up in a quarry in Oxfordshire. I saved one back in the late 1970s (frame number FN1C1181). Sadly I sold it in the early 1980s and I now believe that it has been scrapped. What a shame.

19 hours ago, paulbrook said:

Amazingly 10 were shipped to UK at the start of the second world war, and ended up in a quarry in Oxfordshire. I saved one back in the late 1970s (frame number FN1C1181). Sadly I sold it in the early 1980s and I now believe that it has been scrapped. What a shame.

That sounds really sad. Hope you keep the track on anything like that if shows up.

Any progress on the LFSW?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

That sounds really sad. Hope you keep the track on anything like that if shows up.

Any progress on the LFSW?

Sad and annoying - my circumstances at the time meant I had to sell it, but I have regretted it ever since.

I now have a pair of LFSWs, I am not sure on the plan yet but I have yet to make any real progress. I have an AC to do first!

11 minutes ago, paulbrook said:

Sad and annoying - my circumstances at the time meant I had to sell it, but I have regretted it ever since.

I now have a pair of LFSWs, I am not sure on the plan yet but I have yet to make any real progress. I have an AC to do first!

This makes sence. I'm known a little bit about design of your LF's since Stephen wrote me alot back in the day. Unfortunately he went to shade without even saing Goodbuy. To the moment i mostly went through all the chassis of my military Mack which is pretty similar to what you have in your pair. Also a big progress along Lanova engine is achieved. So when you're more close to initiate that project feel free to get in contact. Unfortunately it's complicated to me to get British visa. Otherwise I would be too likely to show up in person to look at the trucks.

The AC seems to me as a really nice project. Pure mechanic, a pleasure to restore.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012