I THINK I GOT A GOOD DEAL

66dc75

Looks good RP!  For a plow truck, the frame is really clean.  Previous owner must have washed it off thoroughly after every use.

Transmission, deck board, rear tires, paint... 

Knowing you, it will be done by lunchtime next Friday!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

12 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Looks good RP!  For a plow truck, the frame is really clean.  Previous owner must have washed it off thoroughly after every use.

Transmission, deck board, rear tires, paint... 

Knowing you, it will be done by lunchtime next Friday!

Original owner bought it to plow for the town. First time out got it hung up and stuck, decided plowing was not for him and never plowed again. He sold the truck 7 years later with 16k on it to a cranberry farmer who only used it around the bogs so it stayed pretty clean.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry T said:

In Sept of 2000 I traded the 1993 K1500 that I ordered new for a 2000 K2500 that was on the lot for nearly a year and acquired 46 miles moving snow on the dealership lot. Mine is a 350 gas engine but has the cold weather package on it.  In 19 years I've put 191K & change on it and a few grand in repairs, tires & maintenance but it has really never truly let me down. I think I'll be rebuilding the transmission soon but I just don't seem me replacing it any time soon.

01-26-14.jpg

Best thing about that truck is that  vortec 350 will probably run for another 50 thousand miles and if it blows up a brand new Goodwrench 350 is only $1800

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

Original owner bought it to plow for the town. First time out got it hung up and stuck, decided plowing was not for him and never plowed again. He sold the truck 7 years later with 16k on it to a cranberry farmer who only used it around the bogs so it stayed pretty clean.

Good deal for you!

I remember there was a huge cranberry warehouse for Ocean Spray near the Dairy Queen in Wareham on the old road in the early 70's.  Handy to have that road called the Cranberry Highway.  I think it might have been about where Stop and Shop has their parking lot now. 

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

3 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Good deal for you!

I remember there was a huge cranberry warehouse for Ocean Spray near the Dairy Queen in Wareham on the old road in the early 70's.  Handy to have that road called the Cranberry Highway.  I think it might have been about where Stop and Shop has their parking lot now. 

Spent yesterday afternoon starting to do bids for Ma DOT to move signs and lot lights on Cranberry Highway right where you're talking about so the road can be widened this year.

• 9 months later...