Home Depot 48 hour return policy

VaPatentman

FYI: I helped a friend yesterday install a Bosch dishwasher he purchased from Home Depot on Friday. Immediately after installing we tried it and it leak profusely out of the sump. Unhooked it and tried to return to HD first thing this AM. We were informed the HD policy is that an appliance must be returned within 48 hours. After which time you must have it fixed via a service call. So we reinstalled and will have to wait 4-days for Bosch service to arrive. I haven’t been a big fan of HD since they quit honoring the 5% Lowes discount if you used your HD credit card this is another reason shop less at HD.

Just wanted to let others know and not get stuck as my friend did.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gxbxc said:

Am I missing something here isn't less than 48 hr from fri to sat. or did they mean 48 minutes

Bought on Friday, installed on Sunday tried to return on Monday, if Home Depot had their way in probably would be 48-minutes. He actually had it in his possession from Friday 8:30 PM until  Monday 8:15 AM-- 59-hrs, 45-mins. I till think it is a crummy policy.

• Like 1

Most of the return policy has a bit to do with Sandy and later hurricanes. Saw in the Charlottesville and the Richmond Home Depots after the storm didn't hit as expected a ton of generators returned "unused" because the panicked sheep were done with them. About 60% were sold for half or more off the retail prices. Lot of monies to have to eat with their no questions asked return policy.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE