mack suspension

john negoshian

does anyone know the difference between mack camel back 44000 suspension and 46000 suspension is it in the springs also front axle 18000 dule steering box and 20000 front axle im pretty sure the front axle is just spring nothing else but dont know about the difference on the rears any help would be great it is a2010 gu800 thanks    astroman

yah no rookie here mack only buys 2 front axles for a rd or granite one is for 10-12 14000lbs the other is 16-18-20000lbs the cert is by spring ,steering box, brakes ,tires,   for rears i am not sure what the difference is on 44s and 46s camel back there both bronze , i know 38s and 44s is hardened dont know if its springs i doubt its brakes or bearings or axles any knowledge would be greatfull thanks jn.

There's also setup with a torque rod from the RR carrier housing to the right frame rail (like airrides have) on Camelback suspensions starting from sertain raiting.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I've got a set of 65K rears under my truck. Never really have paid much attention to the details of it. The axles are physically bigger than the smaller ones, the trunnion mount is massive with lots of bracing, and it's on walking beams.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 11:26 AM, john negoshian said:

does anyone know the difference between mack camel back 44000 suspension and 46000 suspension is it in the springs also front axle 18000 dule steering box and 20000 front axle im pretty sure the front axle is just spring nothing else but dont know about the difference on the rears any help would be great it is a2010 gu800 thanks    astroman

44,000 is also a Mack fab. steel axle - 44k GAWR with camelback suspension gets 11mm wall thickness while with Air Suspension (HAS/AL) will get a 14mm housing.Recently Mack Engineering approved 11mm @ 46k GAWR for camelback and 14mm @ 46k GAWR for Air suspension. If you have newer version of the housings (post - 2006/2007) then you can use at higher rating.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, m16ty said:

I've got a set of 65K rears under my truck. Never really have paid much attention to the details of it. The axles are physically bigger than the smaller ones, the trunnion mount is massive with lots of bracing, and it's on walking beams.  

You have a Cast ductile axle housing @ 65K GAWR with CRD95/96 carrier. This has been in production since 1945.

• Like 1