Looking for a B-Model Mack Radiator Shell

Page 17  plus cost of shipping from Austrailia. Only ones I've seen either new or rehabed.

http://www.tyldenheritage.com.au/uploads/9/3/0/6/9306704/b_model_catalogue_august_2018.pdf

Watts had them new 15 years or so ago for $600. The last inquirey  a year or so ago was Watts needed a minimum purchase from supplier of 1000 shells.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

then the trail went cold. if we could get them for $600 a piece id probably buy 4. same with Bulldog embossed seats. when I talked to Barry at Macungie he said he needed a minimum order  but then said he gets calls all the time for them. Tidewater use to sell the same seat for $295 20years ago. I told Barry if he could sell us seats for 600 a piece id buy 4-5 of them. guess I just don't get it. yes he does do good for us, just seems a few of these parts like Seats, Lund Visors , vent windows and chrome radiator shells need some attention

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The expense now is the cost of the set up increased steel costs and the insane cost of chroming the break even number out of 1000 radiator shells is sales of a bit more than half of the run before a profit is made.

The ones that Tylden Heritage sells are repaired and replated originals. Price I got to have my  very clean un rusted shell for my mixer plated was $575 to $625 plus shipping both ways, for what the platers now call triple chrome (copper, nickel, chrome).

A better price is  possible with the shell stripped, prepped for plating so all the shop does is plate it. I talked over doing that with Nassau Plating on Long Island last year but never pursued it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Let's be clear. York Corrugating only produced (stamped) the radiator shells for Mack. They did not chrome them. That was done by a third party.

Correct, but the reproductions shells where made  off shore and came EDP coated that needed to be stripped, shell prepped and polished than plated by a third party here. The only similarity between the originals and the repros are the dimensions, even the gauge of steel is lighter.

P.T.CHESHIRE