Real Swift

kscarbel2

That's a funny but sad article.  However, I don't know how are cameras gonna do anything except for capture some of these events on video as opposed to pictures. I think the SWIFT HR department is where most of the issues stem from.  Maybe offer a better wage and try to attract more qualified employees?  

Edited by hurstscrambler

I forget if it is Holland or who?   They have driver facing cameras and one veteran driver flips it off(give the bird) constantly.   They are not allowed to smoke in the truck, he does...and flips the camera while smoking.   He is still waiting to get written up or fired.  Guess they give leeway to veteran drivers that have lots of years and no issues with.  We get deliveries from most of the usual carriers, though I'm not involved with it on a regular basis like I used to be, I do talk to them if I happen to be around the docks.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

11 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I forget if it is Holland or who?   They have driver facing cameras and one veteran driver flips it off(give the bird) constantly.   They are not allowed to smoke in the truck, he does...and flips the camera while smoking.   He is still waiting to get written up or fired.  Guess they give leeway to veteran drivers that have lots of years and no issues with.  We get deliveries from most of the usual carriers, though I'm not involved with it on a regular basis like I used to be, I do talk to them if I happen to be around the docks.

I'm back with Ward now and they told us today we're getting cameras. I think I might have sold my Superliner to soon. I don't need someone watching everything I do. I could see it if you were hitting things all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2018 at 9:08 AM, Freightrain said:

We have them too, I keep a calendar- a booby calendar actually- in front of mines, at least partially blocking it. Some of the guys don't even try to be discreet about it, they just put tape over it.

We have a guy that used to drive for a food company...can't remember the name, but they're all over. He ran two trips a night from Roanoke to Harrisonburg, and he said if the company saw them just pick the phone up and look at it they were fired. It's the same company that the union sued because they said driver facing cameras were an invasion of privacy, and the union won. But that was in Canada.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:15 PM, keg1 said:

I'm back with Ward now and they told us today we're getting cameras. I think I might have sold my Superliner to soon. I don't need someone watching everything I do. I could see it if you were hitting things all the time.

I agree. I don't mind it looking out the windshield, but I don't like it looking at me.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Going across Rt6 today and had a Swift truck pull right out in front of me. Had to jump on the brakes to keep from pushing him down the road. Went a couple miles and he comes to a stop, no lights on, no brake lights just stops. I waited a minute and then went around him, looked over and he was just sitting there. And you wonder why they get a bad name