Mack Interior Green

I needed a paint code for my H model; I know that the later trucks used a lighter solid green but I wanted the darker metallic for the trucks like mine.

I’ve done several searches both on BMT and on the web. Here are the numbers I found on BMT: Mack 312sx19p2, Kirker 812 or 812a, PPG 45735, NAPA 42198, and Sherwin Williams B7-42198-00-Y.

I saw PPG 40496 mentioned, but that is a dark solid green which wasn’t used on interiors. Axalta calls it 65541 Forest Green. It may be the standard dark green that you see on a lot of Mack cabs.

On the WWW, I found Axalta (Dupont) 44419 Frost Green Metallic mentioned as Mack interior green. My paint guy uses Axalta so I’m going to have him paint a sample of this to make sure it’s right.

Edited by h67st
Added some info

I had a piece scanned 15 yrs ago when I wanted to repaint my heater box.  It crossed over to a Volvo paint code if I recall.  Still have a few drops in a pint can left over.  Kept it for the number if I ever got around to needing to paint anything else.  I know it matched up pretty well with the dash.  Might not be 100% perfect, but if you do the whole truck who would know?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

19 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Look like you did some homework. I know the Kirker # is correct, I still have a gallon. If you want it I will pull it out and see if it is still liquid. Just pay shipping. All those # could be correct.

Thank you for the offer! I'm going to let my body & paint guy buy his own paint so he can take responsibility for the outcome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h67st said:

I'm going to let my body & paint guy buy his own paint so he can take responsibility for the outcome.

:thumb: I have a bunch of buddies in diffrent trades, and it just amazes me people will bring them their own "parts" to use.      Then when their "part" fails they bitch about the quality of work they recived from the "shop".   My one buddy tells people if you bought the "part" you put it on.    

• Like 1