Build quality

Funny you mentioned this.   Just last night, buddy who works at Canton KW showed me a picture on his phone.   They are required to do this for all repairs.   It was a picture of a fuse panel with a bunch of relays missing.   Seems the Mexican KW's are showing up with lots of random parts missing from them.

Make me wonder if someone stole the stuff while in transit?  I asked if that was optional power stuff, but apparently it wasn't.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Well my last truck that I really miss is my 2005 International Paystar. It was as reliable as the old Superliner's and R model's I ran. Same with my old 9900i International. Both were Cat powered.

But from 2013 up I can only comment on two personally. And I can say the Mexican built Freightliner Coronado 122SD has superior build quality compared to my US built Western Star 4900. This Star has made me hate trucks and trucking.

I love the truck, but it was built by disgruntled drug addicts I think, who hadn't slept in days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I don't drive them only build them so I can only speak to "initial build quality" A couple years ago we pulled a few competitors comparably equipped into our audit stalls here at Mack.  The Mack and the Kenworth looked comparable.  The Freightliner looked like a bunch of kindergarten kids built it.  Miles down the road I cannot comment on.

5 hours ago, Brian71583 said:

I don't drive them only build them so I can only speak to "initial build quality" A couple years ago we pulled a few competitors comparably equipped into our audit stalls here at Mack.  The Mack and the Kenworth looked comparable.  The Freightliner looked like a bunch of kindergarten kids built it.  Miles down the road I cannot comment on.

Which models did you compare?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.