Blast and Paint

On 9/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, eddeere said:

Great work . That is a good paint gun for the price . I have one and have used it mostly for primers and some finish work .  That Nason epoxy may have a recoat window .

Yeah, I'll be way past the window, but I can scuff it and shoot another coat of primer when it's time to top coat. My goal here was to get them blasted before I rebuild them and put the primer on to slow down the rust.

12 hours ago, h67st said:

Yeah, I'll be way past the window, but I can scuff it and shoot another coat of primer when it's time to top coat. My goal here was to get them blasted before I rebuild them and put the primer on to slow down the rust.

If you're going to rebuild them I'd say take the carriers out and revise the bearings the interwheel diffs turn on. I got there on two pairs of 1945 Mack carriers which looked almost the same style as yours and later on a pair of CRD92/93 off 1988 R-model. Found out outer races deadly pitted on 3 pairs of the bearings (6 pieces of 8 at all) of 1945 and on two pairs (all bearings) of the R. Could buy new races and cones but spent sufficient worth on them and pre-load reinstall is a procedure to pass through.

On the other hand I'm not sure to advice you to get in there or to not.  I'd expect nearly 80% chances your bearings are bad but I'd also expect the same thing for the most running old Macks. And they're all running at the same time :)

March.2018 007_resize.jpg

February.end.2018 051_resize.jpg

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012