PSA...trains are wider than the rails they travel on

Lmackattack

I feel for the crew, knowing there was nothing they could do at that speed. I ran an engine part time for a short line and in training we were told that if you run one long enough you will probably kill somebody and there is not much you can do about that.

This guy was clearly trespassing on the right of way. I've chased a few steam trips and usually the railroad security people are out in force shooing those types away from the tracks. And I have made a gentle suggestion to a few of those types myself. 

Sad that someone lost there life just being stupid for a split second, well a few seconds anyway. But come on how can a person be so caught in the moment to "Not See the Train Coming" let alone feel the vibration under his feet. Maybe the best, that is the person that is so focused on the cell phone screen that they would probably kill someone else a day later driving a car and videoing or texting. Think people are getting dumber and dumber with each generation, case in point. Life is not a video game, can't just press reset and start over. Feel Bad, No, he could have avoided the Train, the Train could not have avoid him.

Had a guy jackknife my rig by nailing me behind the cab when I was moving in a left hand turn in the left hand lane last year. My big ass trailer is mirror stainless on the back with all LED lights, really hard to not see it even if the sun is not shining. 4 lane Hwy, He came up the left berm at 55 MPH, no one in the right lane for a mile. His cell phone was laying on the car floor when they pulled him out, Dumb Ass was discharged that night, truck was in the shop for 2 months. Can't Fix Stupid!!

• Like 1