Site will not allow me to free up attachment space by deleting a few.

ranchhopper

Click on your user name (not your picture) in the upper right side of the page after you have logged on.  

A menu will show up with "My Attachments".  Click on Attachments and you can edit from that page.

If you edit pictures from an individual post, it will remove the picture from the post but not remove it from the attachment list.  So, after editing a post, then delete it out of attachments.

If you can resize photos before posting them, that will help the space issue as well.  Many of my pics start out at 4000 pixels and I cut it down to 500-750 pixels before they are posted.  Somethings I post are quite large to keep the detail.  Generally try to keep them small though.  The BMT software will make a large picture "fit" but it burns memory quickly.

This works for me so hopefully it will work for you as well.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

9 hours ago, j hancock said:

Click on your user name (not your picture) in the upper right side of the page after you have logged on.  

A menu will show up with "My Attachments".  Click on Attachments and you can edit from that page.

If you edit pictures from an individual post, it will remove the picture from the post but not remove it from the attachment list.  So, after editing a post, then delete it out of attachments.

If you can resize photos before posting them, that will help the space issue as well.  Many of my pics start out at 4000 pixels and I cut it down to 500-750 pixels before they are posted.  Somethings I post are quite large to keep the detail.  Generally try to keep them small though.  The BMT software will make a large picture "fit" but it burns memory quickly.

This works for me so hopefully it will work for you as well.

For those who need software to resize your photos, I like Irfanview. It's free to download and easy to use. When you open a photo, you can click 'ctrl + r' and then select a new size (I use  1920 x 1440 pixels, makes about a 600kb file size). Then hit 'ctrl + s' to save and select a new name for the file or just hit enter to replace the old photo with the new size.

Me too, no way to delete.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

OK.  Go to the post with a picture you want to delete. 

Hit the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post.  On the edit screen there will be a spot for "Uploaded Images". 

The Uploaded Images will have a garbage can icon in the lower right of the picture.

Click on the garbage can and the picture will disappear.  Then click the button that says "Edit Topic".

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.