Greenwood Delaware Seagrave

85snowdog

I'm not sure if I got this wrong. 

A friend sent me this pic of a truck not to far from me ( little over an hour north of Toronto, Ontario).  I think ? it says Greenwood , Delaware on the door. 

I thought we had members from that part of the world. I wanted to share the pic ,in case someone knows the truck and would like to know where it ever went.  It has a detroit motor and a standard transmission. I didn't think a standard would be very common . 

I was told it hasn't moved in years and doesn't run .  A fire truck lover is going to try to resurrect it . 

You can also correct me if I'm wrong about the make . I thought it was a Seagrave, but I could have easily got that wrong too. 

5ae06f5cc1c2f_Image1.thumb.jpg.23fd8db24c9b70db7baac614b2770dbe.jpg

Keith 

I looked through all their photos of apparatus and could not find this among them.......I included a link to their webpage.   It may have been removed from service before they though of doing a photo shoot of it, not sure though.   Still a nice rig though.

http://www.greenwood78.org/apparatus.cfm?page=3

• Like 1
May the Peace that excels all thought be with you

That does not appear to be a Seagrave. The cab is the biggest clue- it appears to be a TCI (Cincinatti) Cab. Seagrave builds their own. The body also does not appear to be of Seagrave origin. I am usually pretty pretty good at guessing truck manufacturers but the fact that this one has been refurbished at least once (the strobe boxes on the front, the "bus" mirrors and a lot of other stuff is not original) really has me scratching my head. But I am confident that this is not a Seagrave.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

3 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

That does not appear to be a Seagrave. The cab is the biggest clue- it appears to be a TCI (Cincinatti) Cab. Seagrave builds their own. The body also does not appear to be of Seagrave origin. I am usually pretty pretty good at guessing truck manufacturers but the fact that this one has been refurbished at least once (the strobe boxes on the front, the "bus" mirrors and a lot of other stuff is not original) really has me scratching my head. But I am confident that this is not a Seagrave.

apparatus21_21.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE