I bought another B Mack

2 hours ago, Joe Ditchkus said:

Mike Stormo always remember " Spoke Wheels Rule". Nice Nice B-57 same cab tin as a B-66 or 67. I have a B-67 they have small doghouse it is not in the way in my opinion.

Dog house really isn't in the way for the driver.  I agree.   The worst part is the shifters being 7" back further in the floor.  Combine that with a contour cab there's not much elbow room when shifting, or belly room between the seat and steering wheel.  I'm 6'2" 225#

• Like 1

A am glad I don't have a contour cab, it is already so tight that Mack put in a narrow buddy seat. I was looking at things this morning an noticed that the hood and fender panels are made of aluminum. Are the B67 and other short hood models that way?

The guy that I got it from said that it would hardly run,and had no power. I noticed that they put an electric fuel pump just out side the tank.                                                                                          I am going to change the filters tomorrow and try to get it started. If that doesn't work do you guys think the injector pump needs a rebuild? Or is there something else to try?

21 hours ago, Mike Stormo said:

My B53 has bud style wheels, I think I would like to make them the same. I am out west and there is no one that will, or knows how to change them.

It has a dog house and a fish belly frame, as far as I can tell all the same specs. as my B53 except for the short hood.

Can any body confirm that the front hubs would be the same as a DM and does anyone have a set they might sell.

I have a complete set or Mack rears on camel back springs with s cam brakes, that should make it ride better.

I think I am going to find a roll back bed for it and make a hauler, so a better ride would be important.

What's a fish belly frame?

Rob who is PIA and how do I get a hold of them? Do you have the part number for the kit for the fuel transfer pump for a rotary type injection pump? My Mack dealer is worthless unless you want a part for a peace of sh-t Volvo. They don't have one parts man that was born before my trucks were built.