What is this knob?

h67st

Has anyone ever seen a knob like this? It's glass with a brass thread insert (5/8" fine thread); the inside has green, yellow, and white stripes. Outside diameter is about 1-7/8". The guy I bought one of my H67's from was also restoring a 1951 GMC pickup, so it's possible this came out of that truck. Maybe a floor lamp part?

175.jpg

176.jpg

Ya, vintage drawn pull is my guess.  Or at least some part of a chandelier? 

I bought a pair of lighted shift handles from Autozone 14 yrs ago.   Only problem is they slip on with small set screw.  They make it hard to shift accurately since they kinda "wiggle" a touch.  I'd like to use them, but no real way to fasten them securely.  I'd like to have something that glows for some "ambiance"......LOL!!

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

10 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I haven't seen one of those in years. Those old Constellation Class dilithium crystals were so small, it's a miracle they could make warp 9. Always keep your distance.

That must be a Star Trek reference...I only remember a little about the original show and never watched the sequels so I'm at a loss.