12 speed service

NIDE9

I would like to service my 12 speed. I am looking for fluid capacity and I cant seem to find an air filter canister for it. Is there a downloadable link to a manual for this tranny? This tranny doesn't seem to like down shifting with the splitter very smoothly. Any tips?

There should be an air filter some where! if not its been removed! as for shifting how long you been driving this?

These are a quite a bear to master! specialy spliting  the 4  to 5 I know of only two or three guys that can split them up and down  in the higher gears with out grinding and it takes lots of practice and experimenting with the engine brake! I have rode shot gun many times with guys diagnosing stuff  !an only two or three could  do it clean and they had a system with the engine brake swithch . I personally have never mastered it because I don't drive em for a living  just wrench em! Having said that you can buy a oring kit and try rebuilding the shift lid That may help! as for the oil don't recall the litre  3 gal  /12 litre rings a bell maybe  .    85/ 90W 

Good luck with it!

Edited by fjh

Wow thanks for the reply. I have only been driving it for a month or so. I’m sure with more miles in the seat I’ll get the hang of it or not. I love the tranny. I found the air filter but  I can’t read the numbers on it to look one up. The truck sat for a bit and was only lightly used the last few years. I’m just freshening her up. By end of spring I hope to have new juice and filters front to back. Thanks again for your reply

I have picked up a manual from ebay for the 12 speed TRTXL 107 and 1070 Maxitorque transmission.  May want to take a look there.

28 pints of either SAE 90 or 80W-90 gear oil.

If I remember correctly the air filter is a Mack 2MD3131 which crosses to WIX 46102 for example.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered the manual off eBay. We had two feet of snow over the last weekend. I have been plowing snow and sadly have not had time to service the trans. Thanks again for all your input. One day I hope to be able to chime in and give a guy a hand or some useful advice on his truck. 

Ok so I thought I bought a manual on eBay but I guess I didn’t confirm payment and some one else got it. We have pretty lousy internet out here in the country. I’ll find another some where. I’m not able to get the deep reduction to work. I place the truck in 1 and flip the switch on dash and all I hear is air at the dash switch. Where do I start?

• 2 weeks later...