673 NA covert to turbo

27 minutes ago, Maddog13407 said:

and if your starting with a B42 and wanna install a 673 you better have a Diesel parts truck for radiator, motor mounts, transmission and rear hogs head and the clutch shaft that goes thru the spring hanger is different, the keyways are in different spots

best way to do that is have a donor truck right there to change everything, been there and done it!   terry:thumb:

That's what I did when I swapped over my B-42 to diesel. I was able to get a B-61SX from behind the cab forward, it had everything but the motor. Everything bolted right in, front cross member, transmission mounts, etc. There's a lot that you'll need that you'll have to scrounge for to get it done right (Shutters, brackets, air lines). The good thing is, the frame is predrilled for both mounts(Gas and Diesel). It was actually a very easy swap to bolt right in. I started off with a 1957 END-673 for ten years and after having a major issue with it a 1973 ENDT-675 (237) since 2011. Miss the bark of the 673, but love the power of the 237.