Big Oil Announces plans to "Kill the electric truck"

KDog Trucking

13 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I have a funny anecdote that goes along with this⬆️.  Years ago I was at the local co-op and everytime one of the salesmen would help figure out the Hutterite farm boss's needs for his crops his 20 something kid would then go "you know what I'd do...." and he'd never really ad anything new or useful to the conversation. He just always wanted to look and seem far more important than he was. One day at the co-op some of the usual coffee drinkers were having conversations about terrorist attacks on our power grid and how that'd change things in in the US. Well Mr. Mouthy Armchair Quarter back did his usual butt in at the end but this time instead of just cherry picking the best thoughts from everyone else he came up with his own genius thought. He said if we lost the power grid that the Hutterites would rule the US and have everyone by the balls. Of course that pissed me off and I asked him how do you figure?  He said they grown a lot of their own food and I was quick to bring up that they don't do things the old fashioned way like the Amish so they are as reliant on technology as the rest of us so life wouldn't be just peachy as he thinks. He then tells me that we'd (all non Hutterites) would be at their mercy to buy beef, grain etc but I cut him mid sentence and said he was wrong. He started to get mouthy again when I cut him off and said aren't you guys conscious objectors? He said yeah so? I said so you guys don't own guns right? He nodded and I said good then if an apocalyptic event happens he'll be working for me because I've got a safe full of guns and plenty of ammunition they says you'll do whatever the hell I say. He didn't have much of response after that. Everyone in got a good chuckle out of it.  

The old adage about "those who beat their guns into plows will plow for those who don't" comes to mind...

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• 5 months later...

Same dumbasses who just had a huge power grid failure in the heat recently want to tax there crummy power grid more?! Makes sense if you live in la la land. All the big wind farms near me are supplementing California from what I’ve been told. I hate that state. They are the biggest consumers, polluters and the biggest hypocrites on this earth. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On 7/21/2018 at 5:25 PM, BillyT said:

Or a one banger John Deere! The whole idea of a driverless farm tractor disturbs me!

They've had GPS-controlled tractors for a while now...run straighter, less overlap, more consistent row spacing, etc...they even work in conjunction with planters to adjust seed population and sometimes even the seed variety to match the variations in soil type and quality within the field all to maximize the bushels/acre.

...but in the field, you don't have to worry about other traffic and road hazards.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!