mackcat12

2018 mp7 turbo problems

On 1/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, mackcat12 said:

Thought I would give you guys a update, well after 7 weeks my engine finally came In yesterday.I was originally told it would take 2 weeks imagine that, so truck goes in Monday morning to get it installed they said they can do it in 30 hours so you can probably double that. I will update when they get it installed.

Surly they have it in by now

Yup Update Needed!!!! 😉

Yes the engine is in after  being in the shop for 3 weeks and guess what the truck still isn’t running right! Having the same symptoms as before and they told me they don’t know what to do to it, they changed the ecm this week didn’t do anything  for it so I had to take it to them loaded and let them drive it with computer hooked to it but they say everything is showing good  I have put 1,500 miles on new engine and it’s getting 3.9 to 4.1 miles per gallon still has the vibration and severe turbo lag I’m at my wits end with this truck and the people from Mack I guess I’m going to have to get a lawyer and see what my options are.I’ll keep you guys updated.

Hate it for you; thanks for update 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, mackcat12 said:

Yes the engine is in after  being in the shop for 3 weeks and guess what the truck still isn’t running right! Having the same symptoms as before and they told me they don’t know what to do to it, they changed the ecm this week didn’t do anything  for it so I had to take it to them loaded and let them drive it with computer hooked to it but they say everything is showing good  I have put 1,500 miles on new engine and it’s getting 3.9 to 4.1 miles per gallon still has the vibration and severe turbo lag I’m at my wits end with this truck and the people from Mack I guess I’m going to have to get a lawyer and see what my options are.I’ll keep you guys updated.

Makes me wonder if they are looking in the right place ODVIOUSLY NOT! have they done ANYTHING with the dpf or scr box??? restriction is what I'm thinking!??

Anyway should be out of warranty soon then it will be your problem!😡Make Some  NOISE BRO!

Fjh they have changed the scr one box and they replaced the turbo a year ago this month only thing they haven’t changed is the fuel system and the wiring harness the service manager thinks it might be the new turbo they installed but they won’t replace it. I sat down yesterday and emailed Martin Weissburg the president of Mack Trucks took me 2 hours to write everything I wanted to say I didn’t think it would do any good but he replied back to me and said he would have someone contact me tomorrow I was impressed that he emailed me back on a Saturday so we will see what they come up with

1 hour ago, mackcat12 said:

Fjh they have changed the scr one box and they replaced the turbo a year ago this month only thing they haven’t changed is the fuel system and the wiring harness the service manager thinks it might be the new turbo they installed but they won’t replace it. I sat down yesterday and emailed Martin Weissburg the president of Mack Trucks took me 2 hours to write everything I wanted to say I didn’t think it would do any good but he replied back to me and said he would have someone contact me tomorrow I was impressed that he emailed me back on a Saturday so we will see what they come up with

Way To make noise Buddy Hopefully this goes some where!

Fingers crossed!

So I got a phone call from the head of customer relations talked to him about 30 minutes said he needed to talk to all the people involved in this and he would get back to me, he called today and said they want to send another engineer to me Monday to install a second data recorder to monitor the transmission he said they think the transmission might be causing the engine to derate said this data recorder will have a button for me to push when the truck acts up, so here we go again I’ll keep you updated.

I’m hoping the best for you; hope they reimburse you on all down time if they fix it!!!

Thanks 1965 I’m not sure this truck can be fixed, I think it’s cursed lol nobody has mentioned anything about reimbursement if they ever get it running right we will have that conversation 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 8:18 PM, mackcat12 said:

They put the wrong engine in. It's supposed to get an em6 engine.

Id be hollaring at them for a new truck. If they can't get this one working they better replace the truck and take this one back. IMO when you buy a truck from a dealer/manufacturer you expect to get a truck that runs problem free for a substantial life. If it can't do that, well they better get you one that will.

I totally agree with that joeH as far as I’m concerned this is their last chance to get this truck right and if they can’t figure out what’s wrong this time they might as well go ahead and get me a new truck cause I’m going to raise hell until they do,this month makes 15 months they have been working on this truck,totally ridiculous it would have been cheaper on Mack to have replaced this truck long ago they said their cost on the engine alone was around $27,000 not counting all the labor and parts they changed and sending engineers here to diagnose and install data recorders and if the transmission has to be replaced I don’t know what that would cost them 

56 minutes ago, mackcat12 said:

I totally agree with that joeH as far as I’m concerned this is their last chance to get this truck right and if they can’t figure out what’s wrong this time they might as well go ahead and get me a new truck cause I’m going to raise hell until they do,this month makes 15 months they have been working on this truck,totally ridiculous it would have been cheaper on Mack to have replaced this truck long ago they said their cost on the engine alone was around $27,000 not counting all the labor and parts they changed and sending engineers here to diagnose and install data recorders and if the transmission has to be replaced I don’t know what that would cost them 

On the "it still runs so they won't replace it" comment a couple people made, it's getting crap for mpg. Operator expense is massive, and it's still going to need more repair than a good runner. It gets 3-8 mpg you said. 8 is great, 3 is junk. My volumetric concrete mixers get 2.5-5 mpg, and they sit onsite mixing and get a lot of idle time. I'm sure you've been kicking yourself all year wishing you still had the 88 you mentioned. That's the era all our trucks are from.