MP10 Lost Boost Completely

Dirtymilkman

My Titan lost all of it's boost today. It worked this morning and it eventually got worse. Once in awhile I'll get 7 psi. 0 psi while engine breaking. Exhaust temp does climb till I let off. No whistles or leaking sounds. Boost will rarely climb to 15 psi but only on a hill. Running down highway at 55 boost is 0. At idle it's 1 psi. Actuator? Turbo? I figure it can't be a boot I'd hear a leak. 

5 hours ago, fjh said:

Well Bud saved by the Big W!

Except for the week of down time searching for the problem! Actually the EGR valve check ain't to bad IF  that's what it is!

$130 an hour and these technicians walk around like they're sleeping. For that kind of money they should be running to the parts counter and back. You go in the shops and see a whole new level of putz. The day crew isn't bad, but the night crew is horrible. 

Unfortunately in this instance and in most instances These days the computer has slowed everything down it heeds time to update it needs time to think! so you don't get the chance to run back and forth just stand and watch! :rolleyes: You supervise  it  ,so it can supervise you!:D

Let us know what computer finds! :angry:

Edited by fjh

I see some of the time that the techs rely on the computer for all the answers and unfortunately many forget to look at the basics.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

SO Milkman  what was the verdict or final repair if there was one ??? 

There have been a lot of unfinished or unresolved posts last month ! Kind of like to hear what people find for their fixes!

Mostly newbies thou !

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 3:59 PM, fjh said:

Unfortunately they force the dealers to send techs to school  then don’t allow them to use what they learned big bro watches over their shoulder!

or like when the factory trains you and than the shop doesn't get the tools, parts or manuals to actually do the job.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE