Model "C" question

VaPatentman

19 hours ago, VaPatentman said:

Does anyone know if a "C" in the 59-60 range could have had air assist steering? Never drove one but spent time in the bucket doing various jobs in Prince George's County, MD and can't remember. Not my photo was by Donald "Doc" Moltrup on  the ramp at Co. 21, 7600 Livingston Rd.

old 212.jpg

When did 21/42 trade the C model for the Pirsch's? It was gone when I came on the scene in 1971. (It looks like the Pirsch is in the background)

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Carl, 

The “C” in the pic (212) was totaled in an accident while running a 42 Box. It occurred about 4-months into the 1-year wait for the 4-Pirsches Oxon Hill had on order. To fill the gap they bought a CF demonstrator which went to 42 to run as the wagon (days of 2-pc Eng. companies) They moved 42’s pumper 53 Mack to 21 to run as pumper which later served Lake of the Woods and unfortunately is just wasting away somewhere near Culpeper last I knew. The Pirsch in the bay was Oxon Hill’s TDA. The pic of the CF was taken shortly after delivery on the ramp at 42 and prior to being Gold Leafed.  The CF was later purchased by the County and saw a great deal of action a Chapel Oaks, 38. Here are a couple of pics I have gathered off the internet of these pieces. Amazing how well the Federal Q has held up over the years. 

423.jpg

432-rusty.jpg

cf-421.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. I rode at 42 a few times when I was in recruit school. Bobby Monn was a member of my class (We won't go into more about that). We ran with 42 quite a bit when I worked at Penn Daw back when 42 ran with "driver only" most of the time. I do remember the CF at Chapel Oaks.

I live near Culpeper and I have never seen the trucks. 

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

fxfymn     Senior moment, actually they are/were at Graves Mountain Farm, off Apple Tree Lane & Rt. 670, Syria, VA. under a tree on the north side of 670. Not too far from Culpeper unless you are walking! Ref: Bobby Monn (I know the whole story) I heard a rumor years ago and apparently he went back to Fayetteville area? Got to know some of the guys from up that way when they would come down on the weekends and ride/catch fire at 29.  Some of them were fearless and scared me a time or two

I thought they were at Graves Mountain, but the pics did not look right.

Its been years, but last I heard of Bob he was in PA and had been shot responding to a medical local.