Mack trucktoberfest

Joe Ditchkus

I received  an e-mail that there is no room for me at the luncheon. I sent in my request July 21. I do not know how they choose who goes or not to luncheon. I am pretty sure i got pushed to the back of the line by someone with more stripes. Let them keep it.

Trucktoberfest show is open to the public (at least it was in the past) so if you just want to come and see the trucks, nothing stopping you.  Just bring your own sammich.  The spaces are limited for trucks and same with the luncheon but do not know the selection criteria.  I thought it was first come first served.  Doug Maney at the Museum is the person to direct your concern.  In past years there were many empty seats (no shows?) at the luncheon.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 weeks later...

Space is limited for the luncheon. Attendees are selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Museum Volunteers receive slots as well. And finally, when Greensboro calls up and says "Hey can you please save 10 seats for so-and-so who will be in town that weekend" it translates into "you will save 10 seats for so-and-so who will be in town that weekend." 

So yes, unfortunately some folks have been bumped, please do not be offended. This is the first year that this has happened. Some thought is being put into next year's event that will hopefully eliminate this issue. 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Yardo...

Is there going to be a "training/tutoring session" at the Nunnery on Friday night?

BTW, I heard "mother Volvo" dictated the date for Trucktoberfest.  Luckily the weather is forecast to be nice (keeping my fingers crossed).  Roll Hauler goes into hibernation on Sunday.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

2 hours ago, farmer52 said:

Yardo...

Is there going to be a "training/tutoring session" at the Nunnery on Friday night?

BTW, I heard "mother Volvo" dictated the date for Trucktoberfest.  Luckily the weather is forecast to be nice (keeping my fingers crossed).  Roll Hauler goes into hibernation on Sunday.

Yes. 7pm. 

I believe I recall hearing something about Greensboro and/or Gothenburg may have dictated the date. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS