Gerharts show next week. Who's going?

Freightrain

22 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Well, the ol B got me back home safe and sound.  Like usual.

Glad to have gotten over there and meet up with so many BMT'rs.   Ken made the list pretty complete so I won't repeat the names.  I do want to add I met Tom Gannaway's cousin Bill.  If any of you have talked to Tom, Bill doesn't look so much like Tom, but that voice you can't mistake it!!!!  You close your eyes and you think Tom is standing there. 

I do have to put a special thanks to Al(back in black) for the assistance on my truck.   I had a bracket break on the way over to the show and my Onan genset was dangling a bit loose.  Al, living just up the road a touch,  graciously offered to run his service truck back down to the show and weld it for me.  I got the generator fuel tank off and jacked the genset back up straight and he put a few stitches of weld on it.  Seems to have held up on the trip home.

Ken, the place got pretty quiet when the sun set, I called an early night.  I woke about 3am and couldn't fall back asleep.  I opened the trailer door and it was a perfectly clear night. No fog like previous nights.  I gathered myself up and headed over to Carlisle about 4am.  Since I WROTE the directions down I made the trip with no issues.   I got to the Love's truck stop and parked for a few hours til I knew my friend would be up.   We met up and I was headed home by noon.   With one pit stop for some quick lunch I was home just before 6pm.

Happy to help Glad you made it Home OK

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2017 at 10:24 AM, Freightrain said:

Need to put a shout out to Dave, the owner of the Red B61SX that I ran Friday afternoon.  For the life I can't say his last name.  Met him a few years back at our Ashland show.  He always has the B and plays in the dirt with it.  It is a show stopper restoration but he is not afraid to get it dirty.  I had fun, til my hands were getting sore from hacking at that steering wheel for a few hours.  With no power assist, those 12x24 tires are NOT easy to move, especially with 55K lbs of dirt in the back!  I told Dave that he needs to upgrade LOL!

I was up looking around the dirt pile and he came over and asked if I would run the truck.  He runs the shovel and his wife likes to run the dozer.  He says with no one to run the truck, his wife gets bored with no dirt to push.   It is just a big boys sand box with full size toys.

Here it is from a couple years back.  Dave installed a 237 so it really pulls up that hill MUCH easier then with the old 711.  I was making the same basic loop.

I also ran into the "Boston Bandit" Rick Sousa from ATHS.  He typically has his two tone green A model KW.   He was riding with his friend with the red B tanker.  He told me he hoped not to have to get a rabies shot LOL!!!

Well that's just neat right there, I think it was 6 loads instead of three in the video though, since you appeared to be hauling 2 loads at once!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 10/10/2017 at 9:51 AM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

From what I see on his Facebook he's a busy man

I've seen his pictures on facebook. And just like Ben Jumper, he's always surrounded by a bevy of wimmens. Nothing wrong with that though, not a thing.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Well that's just neat right there, I think it was 6 loads instead of three in the video though, since you appeared to be hauling 2 loads at once!

Yup, Dave was not afraid of any DOT cops pulling us over in the dirt pile!!  LOL!!

I got some very tragic news just the other evening.  Dave, the owner of the red B61 passed away the other day from Cancer.  He has been fighting it for a few years now.   I met him about 5 yrs ago at out local Ashland show.  He has a very clean W900 he pulls a trailer with the B and a very clean blue single axle Brockway dump.  He and his wife Nancy go to all the shows.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 minute ago, Freightrain said:

Yup, Dave was not afraid of any DOT cops pulling us over in the dirt pile!!  LOL!!

I got some very tragic news just the other evening.  Dave, the owner of the red B61 passed away the other day from Cancer.  He has been fighting it for a few years now.   I met him about 5 yrs ago at out local Ashland show.  He has a very clean W900 he pulls a trailer with the B and a very clean blue single axle Brockway dump.  He and his wife Nancy go to all the shows.

Well dang, I'm sure sorry to hear that Larry.

Ya, when my friend Bill called and said Dave passed away..........I was like Dave who?  It just threw me for a loop.  His health as surely not great, but I tell you, he never sat around.  He joked when I wanted to take a break from running the truck that "what the guy with cancer is out working the young guy?"  I told him if I had gloves like him, maybe my hands would not be so sore from working that steering wheel so hard.  I'm getting soft with my air steering!  That armstrong stuff is for the birds!  Especially with 55K lbs of dirt on your back.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"