Sign in to follow this  
other dog

Another GMC

Truck Shop    444

I believe that's a 58 or 59-DR-860, didn't know GMC made a extended cab.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

powered by a 4-71 ? my old neighbor ran International gassers, lived beneath mile marker 17 on the PA Pike... said he hear a 4-71 coming, he'd go in to eat lunch, and when he was coming back out Jimmy would be crawling past.

fxfymn    1,095

I love the 6x6 "Maxi-brake".

other dog    7,621
On 9/12/2017 at 9:18 PM, 41chevy said:

That's an Orville Body Co build sleeper cab. Same basic design Orville used on the  1953 to 1955 I.H. DC-405   COE

Ah-hah! I thought that's what the sleeper part looked like, the IH cab, as I mentioned when I posted it in the pictures of the week. I had never seen or heard of a D860 with a sleeper cab like this, so I thought maybe some guys did it in the back yard while having a few Yuenglings, and they did a fine job.

• Like 1

other dog    7,621
On 9/13/2017 at 6:49 AM, Outbehindthebarn said:

powered by a 4-71 ? my old neighbor ran International gassers, lived beneath mile marker 17 on the PA Pike... said he hear a 4-71 coming, he'd go in to eat lunch, and when he was coming back out Jimmy would be crawling past.

Don't know what kind of power this one had, but more D860's had 6-71s than 4-71's. He would have had to bring half his sammich with him to get back out before one of those big hosses got by!