1929 LaSalle Moxie Soda Horse Car

j hancock

This is the only original Moxie Soda car left of the seven or so constructed.  It was built on a 1929 LaSalle chassis.  The gearshift has been extended and the pedal controls adapted for the new driving position.

With approval of Moxie, a 1935 Rolls Royce Moxie car was created in the 1980's.

1929 LaSalle.JPG

1929 Moxie Controls.JPG

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

There was a sign inside the barn that said this was the Moxie Mobile from Clark's.  Between the above picture and the image I took last Friday, the hood has been changed from a louvered one to one with doors.

Here is the sign photochopped out of another picture.  Don't know why I didn't click a picture of the whole sign?

Moxie Sign.JPG

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Excellent man thanks for sharing my dad's best friend had a 36 LaSalle back in the 70s car was Immaculate is probably worth a fortune now my dad and his friend are both long gone don't know where the car is I'm sure somebody has a gold mine there....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

On 5/22/2017 at 3:23 PM, Freightrain said:

I saw the video on this on the ATHS videos done by Lindsey years ago.  Can't recall the fellows name, he restored the horse hauler also.

Will Markey from Dallastown PA. Great guy.  He died recently.  I just saw the White horse hauler listed for sale this week. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yarnall said:

Will Markey from Dallastown PA. Great guy.  He died recently.  I just saw the White horse hauler listed for sale this week. 

Thanks. I could not remember his name to save me. He brought the LaSalle Moxie car to one of our Cadillac LaSalle car shows and was giving out cans of Moxie soda. He also had a calliope that was super nice.