The Mack CL 700 was a beast IMHO that only came only in axle back configurations. I know many of you on here have been creative in stuffing different engines in B's.

Has anyone ever tried turning a CL into an axle forward configuration? (Give me 80 acres and I'll turn this rig around).:(

Edited by james j neiweem

You could get a Cat 3406B 425hp (a 3406C 460hp test truck made the rounds here in Canada but disappeared) CL653/753 1993-1999

The Detroit series 60 430/470hp was an option from 1993-1995 (CL643/743)

Cummins option was only the ISX from 2000 to 2007 (CL733)

On 5/10/2017 at 6:00 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

It's been done. Someone on here had a picture of it. A CL is a Superliner frame. You need the steer axle and then a set forward hood extended. 

Yes, the RW Superliner II is a MH frame. The CL frame is the same as well and I believe the last use of that frame. I am doing a frame swap on my RW and using a 1994 CL700 frame. I got a real nice CL double frame with duel steering boxes, big axel with Mack airride. The CL frames have all the holes for mounting the axel forward shackles and springs as well as the cab mounts. The only difference is the CL frame is extended about 6 inches at the front. The front cross member/engine mount are not the same but frame mounting holes are in the CL frame for both crossmembers.

In reality what I am doing is putting my Superliner II Hood, cab and front axel on a CL 700 frame and E9 drive train.  

I do like the look of that axel forward CL though.

• Like 1
  • Like 1