Neway ARD 244 Repair for posterity

Nice job on the thread, lots of pics... even a dummy like me could follow. 

That pin you had made looks a lot like a rocker box pin. Only with out the hex head on the end. 

Edited by Timmyb

Hi Thomas

We are in the process of rebuilding a 1985 Neway ARD 238-6 suspension. We need to replace the all bushes and fittings, etc on all 3 sections, that is the frame hangers, equalizer beams and transverse beams and both sides of the suspension. Your pictures and information here is just in time for us. The maintenance manual is also very helpful.

2 questions please,

1/ The kit you paid $138 for the transverse beam, did this include the 4 split / beveled (wedge shaped) steel bushes and the 4 rubber bushes and other parts? If the beveled steel bushes are not in the kit, do you know if they are in stock/supply? Our transverse beams beveled steel bushes are history - rusted and we had to oxy/cut them to disconnect the transverse beam and equalizer beams.

2/ What was the supply time, from time of ordering the kit to receiving and did you buy direct from SAFHolland, the Neway manufacturer?

Thank you again for the pictures etc

Harry

On 5/5/2017 at 4:36 AM, Timmyb said:

Nice job on the thread, lots of pics... even a dummy like me could follow. 

That pin you had made looks a lot like a rocker box pin. Only with out the hex head on the end. 

Not sure I know what that is {rocker box pin}

I used the dimensions off the old one and what Dan said his were. 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

On 5/7/2017 at 11:19 PM, harrybarbon said:

Hi Thomas

We are in the process of rebuilding a 1985 Neway ARD 238-6 suspension. We need to replace the all bushes and fittings, etc on all 3 sections, that is the frame hangers, equalizer beams and transverse beams and both sides of the suspension. Your pictures and information here is just in time for us. The maintenance manual is also very helpful.

2 questions please,

1/ The kit you paid $138 for the transverse beam, did this include the 4 split / beveled (wedge shaped) steel bushes and the 4 rubber bushes and other parts? If the beveled steel bushes are not in the kit, do you know if they are in stock/supply? Our transverse beams beveled steel bushes are history - rusted and we had to oxy/cut them to disconnect the transverse beam and equalizer beams.

2/ What was the supply time, from time of ordering the kit to receiving and did you buy direct from SAFHolland, the Neway manufacturer?

Thank you again for the pictures etc

Harry

Sorry about the late response.  

Don't worry about the steel bushings, the new ones are made of rubber coated steel.  I guess somebody figured out a better way.

To answer your next question I ordered from Custom Truck and Equipment before noon and had the next day buy 10, freight was $25 or $30.   I ordered the first go around via stengal bros, on a Tuesday and was told I would have on Friday, they were around $50 more with shipping.  After the second day and no shipping confirmation I called said it would be Monday or Tuesday the next week unless I wanted to pay $150 for overnight. I told them to cancel the order then called Custom Truck.  I went with Stengal Bros because of recommendations from FB but I guess if you cant walk into the store might as well get from local. 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."