I'm told this 1988 RW713 has an E6 350.  But wouldn't that engine have a chassis-mount air-to-air in front of the radiator?  This one does not.  I'm confused.  Can anyone help me ID it?

And is that a passenger-side steering box I see peeking out there?  Does that mean 18k or 20k front springs?

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Yeah,that does look strange on the cooler end. Maybe its a glider? I can't even see an intercooler on the engine. Dual steering boxes on an RD meant 20K front. Would imagine the same for the RWS???.  Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

No Cooler probably a300 or was all removed for some reason?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

No Cooler probably a300 or was all removed for some reason?

Could very well be,Paul. I know a guy who's mechanic actually removed the intercooler from the guys truck,and told him," you really don't need that to run".   Where do they get these guys?  Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

12 minutes ago, terry said:

There were some early 350's with the tip turbine, is there some numbers on the engine to see what it should be ?    terry:D

It looks to be a later E-6 though,you can see the aneroid valve on the pump. My '88 doesn't have that,my '90 did. I agree with the milkman,quick fix to peddle it. Agreed,a intercooled or aftercooled engine will run without the cooler,just not well or up to its full potential,for sure.  Al

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

Could very well be,Paul. I know a guy who's mechanic actually removed the intercooler from the guys truck,and told him," you really don't need that to run".   Where do they get these guys?  Al

God knows! Seen things like that happen way too often . Sometimes I think it's just an owner who just wants it to earn money and screw what it doesn't need to "run"

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE