2003 Mack ch613

Daveinbuffalo

HELP...I have a 2003 CH613.   When I brake, it pulls hard to the left.  Help.   I have replaced both front shoes, cams, bushings, slacks,   Alignment is good...tires are good... we are at wits end....any help would be great.  Thx in advance.    Could it be the foot valve?  

I'd check to see if air is getting to the right wheel since you replaced all of the brake parts. A pressure gauge attached to the end of the line may tell you the story.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...
On February 8, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Underdog said:

I recently pulled the wheels on my MH... One wheel brake lining looked brand new compared to the others. That particular brake was not even working. Turned out to be a seized slack adjuster.

Our new freightliners the brake cams are sealed and nongreaseable.  We have had several that the front cams are rusting fast.   

Our new freightliners the brake cams are sealed and nongreaseable.  We have had several that the front cams are rusting fast.   

That makes no sense... A moving part with no grease fitting. Reminds me of the Ford pickup trucks with "no maintenance" front ends. Yet all the aftermarket replacement parts had grease fittings lol
  • Like 1

The tubes are drilled and tapped with a plug and warning lable that says removal will void warranty.   The cams get so tight it takes some  heat  and a BFH to get them out.   They are warranty though.       Just like sealed dolly wheel legs. They drill them to put grease zerks, sure it voids warranty but its nice to be able to turn them.   

The tubes are drilled and tapped with a plug and warning lable that says removal will void warranty.   The cams get so tight it takes some  heat  and a BFH to get them out.   They are warranty though.       Just like sealed dolly wheel legs. They drill them to put grease zerks, sure it voids warranty but its nice to be able to turn them.   

I spoke to a friend of mine over the weekend. He is a mechanic for NFI. Told me yes, freightliner is just as you describe, Robert. But as soon as warranty is out, they install grease fittings.

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I spoke to a friend of mine over the weekend. He is a mechanic for NFI. Told me yes, freightliner is just as you describe, Robert. But as soon as warranty is out, they install grease fittings.

Mine only has 97,000 on it and they put fittings in it all ready.   Idk if they where supposed to or not but its better not to question some things.   

• Like 1