shutter cylinder rebuild

Freightrain

Ok mine has worked okay for years but it really leaks mid stroke.  I pulled it apart and the rubber piston seal is near rock hard.  Google turned nothing up.  Anyone know where I might get a new seal?

It is a Kysor D-11999.  I will add pics later.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Ok mine has worked okay for years but it really leaks mid stroke.  I pulled it apart and the rubber piston seal is near rock hard.  Google turned nothing up.  Anyone know where I might get a new seal?

It is a Kysor D-11999.  I will add pics later.

Is the seal an O ring style or a Square ring style or a lip seal?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I know the bore is a common size, like 1 3/4"?  I know it shouldn't be too hard to find, but.....

My truck used to puke oil when the compressor needed rebuilt.   Everything(like the wiper motor and this) was FULL of sludge.  I cleaned it up and it does work.  Just hisses a lot til it gets fully closed.  I'm sure this is another reason why my truck loses air so quickly after shutdown.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Time to go electric Larry, and plug the old system. It was ok in it's day but we been spoiled to the new electric gadgets etc. No more crap in the air systems and no cleanups. Just get an R Model and be satisfied. The ole B needs a friend anyway plus it would look really good in your driveway sitting along side of the B Model. You could call them, Pop and Junior.       :D 

2 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Nope, I'll fix the air solenoid.   I'm crafty enough to make it work better.  It works, but it bleeds a lot of air.

Just think........You'll never have to stick your body out the window while driving to wipe off the rain, with an electric unit. Also while going up hills or mountains the wipers won't slow down any. Going down hills are another interesting situation. They almost fly off the windshield. Just trying to help you out here, keep you from working so hard during Christmas Holidays..

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Mike, this is for the radiator shutters,  not the wipers.  My wipers work fine.

Sorry Folks, me bad. As old as I am, it's hard to stay on the subject for very long. Well what the heck.......lets talk about the wipers next. LOL

Thanks Larry for waking me up.

• Like 1