Fast idle with cruise control

Phill

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi have a 2015 superliner with 600hp can someone please tell me how to get the idle up a few revs so i can use the sir con of a night and dont glase the bore until the boss can get bunk aircon in

Thanks

Phill

Most Mack and Volvo I have driven, turn on cruise control, then hold the accel button until the desired RPM.

every truck ive ever driven (yep....all three of them lol) have been set by (but not exclusively) by turning the cruise on, using the foot throttle to attain the revs, and hitting "set"

the volvo feed truck would grab 1400rpm if i was off the clutch and brake and hit "resume" on the stalk.  thats what the visor said was the operating speed of the blower, it was a bulk feed blower truck.  1650 for the transfer unit operation...

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

For some reason Mack has been setting the "Min set speed for PTO 0"  to 1000 rpm or higher. PTO 0 is what Mack calls the fast idle now. The way Mack sets it now , you have to raise the rpm's up with the pedal then set it with the switches. We always go in and set it to 600 rpm  so you can bump the idle up with the switches  and never touch  the pedal. 

On 11/19/2016 at 6:40 AM, Phill said:

Hi have a 2015 superliner with 600hp can someone please tell me how to get the idle up a few revs so i can use the sir con of a night and dont glase the bore until the boss can get bunk aircon in

Thanks

Phill

2015 Superliner? They quit making them in like 1992

Our Freinds down under seem to have a better handle on the needs of the trucking industry than here in north America ! We don't pull trains here however we do have some steep terrain may be not a big enough market for their liking! Who knows ! If mack still offered the MP 10 here they would still sell just not as much as they would like !