R/RW trim levels

Could anyone explain... or better yet, show me... the difference between level 1, 2, 3 and 4 in a late model R or Superliner?  These interiors only came in dark grey in the later years, correct?  When did they go to grey-only?  How does one differentiate between a level 2 and 3?  Or 3 and 4?  Pics would be great.  Thanks!

Thanks for the link.  I have seen that brochure.  But it seems that there's not a lot of difference between levels 2, 3 and 4.  Perhaps the headliner and carpeting?  Different seats?  Is there any easy way to spot a level 2,3 or 4 from a glance?  

Also, it seems there was grey, black and blue!  Guess I always just assumed the black and grey were the same color.  And I thought they dropped blue after the Superliner II came out.  Does anyone have a Super 2 with a blue interior?  Never seen one.  Thanks guys!

6 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

Level 1 is grey with no door panels

Level 2 is grey with door panels

Level 3 is black or blue with full carpet floor and cloth seats

Level 4 is red(85-87) or grey(87-93) with full carpet floor, cloth seats, headliner, back panel, and door panels 

I've included pic of all the interior colors with exception of level one(didn't have a pic saved of one)

Josh:MackLogo:

Josh,

Minor question. Does Level 4 have the headliner and the doors lined with the same cloth as used on seats? Or another simiar material?

Unfortunately I don't remember a chance to observe it in person.

And thanks for the detailed explaining of the matter :thumb:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Josh,

Minor question. Does Level 4 have the headliner and the doors lined with the same cloth as used on seats? Or another simiar material?

No the seats are a different cloth than the headliner and door panels

• Like 1

Thanks!  The pics are most helpful.  So it seems a big, obvious visual clue is vinyl vs. cloth seats.  That tells you either Level 1 or 2 (vinyl) and Level 3 or 4 (cloth) with just a glance.

How does a Level 4 headliner differ from the lower levels?  Do they even have a headliner?  And what's on the back panel  of the lower level trucks?  Anything?  

On November 16, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Vladislav said:

Josh,

The bottom photo of the grey level 4 is a photo of  my truck the seats a a bit darker tweed cloth on the top and a marbled grey vinyl on the sides , the door panels have vinyl the same as the sides of the seats on the top followed by the soft lighter grey  cloth that the head liner is made from with grey carpet on the bottom  carpet in floor is grey  here's a pic of the door panel the lighting in the shed I store my truck in isn't good I'll take some better pics on the weekend if you want .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

19 hours ago, BAD DOG said:

The bottom photo of the grey level 4 is a photo of  my truck the seats a a bit darker tweed cloth on the top and a marbled grey vinyl on the sides , the door panels have vinyl the same as the sides of the seats on the top followed by the soft lighter grey  cloth that the head liner is made from with grey carpet on the bottom  carpet in floor is grey  here's a pic of the door panel the lighting in the shed I store my truck in isn't good I'll take some better pics on the weekend if you want .

Thank you for keeping in mind my interest.

Not much of need to make better pictures from my side, I have the most things understood.

Currently I have some parts of my R-model interior in the upholstery shop and going to reproduce them as close to the original style as possible.

My truck has level 3 blue color inside. The seats are with cloth on the main surfaces and vinil on their sides. The door panels are vinil with carpet at the bottoms, no cloth. And vinil headliner of perfarated material. I generally like blue but see no clue to have it combined with light green body color. So resolved to go with dark grey. Just had an idea to make doors of vinil top with something different in the middle. Maybe perfarated vinil or cloth. But it seems to me resonable to use the same material on doors as some other parts utilize. For example the same cloth as the seats do. Now I see Mack did different way and I generally dislike it. As for the seat cloth itself I hope to save my original stuff just combined with new vinil sides. So no spare seat cloth to put onto the doors if I want to.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012