Almost got to watch someone die today...

RowdyRebel

I remember many years ago my uncle and myself  had a pair of F7s lashed up running freight and hit a pick up truck that truck looked like it was shot out of a cannon when we hit him at 30 miles per hour. He lived and hopefully learned there is no contest when a train hits you not many can say they learned the hard way because they were no longer here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

Amazing.......  Has anyone ever won a contest against a train?

Bourbonnais (sp?) IL...not far from Kankakee...forget the year. Steel hauler drove away after an Amtrak train clobbered his loaded trailer. Ripped the pin off the trailer, truck was pretty much untouched. Train derailed and a bunch of passengers died.

That's the only one I can think of.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

If you want to see what happens to a truck with a crane on a lowboy get hit by a train this will make anyone that's ever been behind the control stand shudder.This train starts to quickly slow down as the tank cars are peeling off the rails to the left of the picture pretty scary stuff.

Edited by ranchhopper

Saw a photo of a car hauler that " bottomed out"  on a rail crossing! Fortunately for the "driver" he bailed out! There were cars scattered along the tracks for 1/8 of a mile! When I was in the towing  business we picked up the " remains" of a steel haulers rig after he tried to "beat" a train to a crossing! My friend had a 4000 White gas burning tandem with a Holmes 750 on it the thing got used about once a year for "special occasions" like the demise of the steel haulers rig! Hat City is right on both occasions Darwin wouldn't have been happy ya gotta pity those two guys descendants!😁

Saw a photo of a car hauler that " bottomed out"  on a rail crossing! Fortunately for the "driver" he bailed out! There were cars scattered along the tracks for 1/8 of a mile! When I was in the towing  business we picked up the " remains" of a steel haulers rig after he tried to "beat" a train to a crossing! My friend had a 4000 White gas burning tandem with a Holmes 750 on it the thing got used about once a year for "special occasions" like the demise of the steel haulers rig! Hat City is right on both occasions Darwin wouldn't have been happy ya gotta pity those two guys descendants!😁Anyone ever win a contest with a train?....another train!

• Like 1