67 Fairlane

66rmack

Not a truck, but a car. So I have this car and I am trying to find outer wheel houses. I have the inner ones but am having trouble finding the outers. I was wondering if anyone on here may be able to help me out finding them. I am building a restomod. I love the old look of the car, but drum brakes and poor suspension is not my cup of tea. So I put 4wheel disc brakes in it tubular a-arms with double adj. coil overs. I also put in a custom triangulated 4 link. I have done nothing to the body. The guy I bought it from botched the quarter patches so I am going to put full skins on it.image.jpegimage.pngimage.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 66rmack said:

410w efi with a 4r70w 

Old guy here- I assume that is a Windsor? Seems like most of the Windsor blocks I see advertised are like 377? 378? 406?

I can relate to Fairlanes however, ordered a new 428 CJ Torino, C-6 in 68.  It was an unusual notchback-most were fastbacks.  4:30 rears and it would upshift 2nd gear rubber with ease.  And about 12 -13 mpg!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 66rmack said:

Thanks guys but I have the quarters and the inner wheel wells, I am looking for the outer. The wheel wells are two piece inner and outer I can't seem to find to find the outers. I may have to modify mustang ones.

There are no outers made for the Fairlane or Comet. Try Mustang or there are 67 T bird outer patch panels.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Old guy here- I assume that is a Windsor? Seems like most of the Windsor blocks I see advertised are like 377? 378? 406?

I can relate to Fairlanes however, ordered a new 428 CJ Torino, C-6 in 68.  It was an unusual notchback-most were fastbacks.  4:30 rears and it would upshift 2nd gear rubber with ease.  And about 12 -13 mpg!

Yup Windsor. It's a 4.040" bore  with a 4" stroke and a 6.250 rod length.  I can't wait to get it to the point of hearing it run.

11 hours ago, 41chevy said:

There are no outers made for the Fairlane or Comet. Try Mustang or there are 67 T bird outer patch panels.

I figured that was the case. ( sad face ) oh well it's just a lil more work to modify the others. What's a lil more work, right?

66r there were a lot of those made are you sure you've exhausted all avenues for the wheel boxes I just got the new Hemmings I'll get back to you.I would normally " rag on you for the lack of a third pedal" but you paid your dues on the B model! I know the automatics have been faster since the 60s!😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

66r there were a lot of those made are you sure you've exhausted all avenues for the wheel boxes I just got the new Hemmings I'll get back to you.I would normally " rag on you for the lack of a third pedal" but you paid your dues on the B model! I know the automatics have been faster since the 60s!😁

That would be awesome if you would look for me. I hear you, it's reverse patern with a manual valve body and push button overdrive if that makes it better. The only reason it has 2 pedals is for the wife. She isn't great with a manual and she can't handle my "criticism" teaching her how... I want her to have fun in the car. It's going to be set up for more road racing than drag racing.

66 R gotcha on the wife! My wife's friend tried to teach her on a Corvair,but it didn't happen! Started to look in Hemmings but just went numb,they have so many listings I'll try again tomorrow! I'm diggin' the 4link and coilovers should corner like it's on rails