Freighttrain to the Bow Tie Phone

41chevy

Just got my third MSD Digital 6 Plus. All Factory defects in the stepped nOX circuts. Hear of anybody having the same problems?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

No, haven't heard any issues, though I only have one friend that runs a digital 6AL.  The rest of us still run the antique analog version(after 20 yrs).

I've had thoughts of updating, but then get to thinking "what if" and just leave well enough alone.  My luck I'd update and end up with a Samsung version that would burn the car to the ground!!!!!  DOH!

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

13 hours ago, Freightrain said:

No, haven't heard any issues, though I only have one friend that runs a digital 6AL.  The rest of us still run the antique analog version(after 20 yrs).

I've had thoughts of updating, but then get to thinking "what if" and just leave well enough alone.  My luck I'd update and end up with a Samsung version that would burn the car to the ground!!!!!  DOH!

Unfortunately I need it for the NOX / Boost- Ignition Retard  and the Injector Enrichment curve or I'd use my old school one.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 hours ago, j hancock said:

There is some bitching about it over on Yellow Bullet.  Be prepared with some tall boots but maybe you will find something to help with a solution.

Defiantly an odd place... .

P.T.CHESHIRE

Have you thought of using "the grid"?   I was talking the other weekend with a buddy that runs one in his supercharged(blow thru) mustang.  Really cool piece with LOTS of tunability.   He takes out timing in one cylinder to help with detonation and hurting a rod bearing.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I haven't heard to much about it.
My NOX come in 3 stages with a delay until full spool up. The fuel pressure and injector pulse increase with each NOX stage and the timing retards at the full 55 p.s.i. boost. I'm running 2 plugs per cylinder and two sets of injectors. One set in the intake and a second set piggy backed with the NOX nozzles in the head. The electronics for the NOX delay keep failing. and causes a full lean and the entire system goes to idle only. 

P.T.CHESHIRE

48 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Wow, that sounds like quite the set up.   Thus the reason I run a mech tach, no two step, no shift light, just me,  three pedals and a shifter LOL!!

Yea if I ever get a full run on it. Last year is was a New Currie Rear assembly that had a twist in it from assembly. Took a month to find the problem, ship it back to them and a month and a have them check it, re make a new one and ship it to me. Now it's been electronics. Should put my 55 Chevy back is track shape, most exotic thing in that is the Wayne head.

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

I hope "Ohio George" knows his way around Ford motors.......

Wonder how many SOHC parts he stashed away!!!

Mr Montgomery built the first twin turbo AA/ Gas Mustang and ran  an 8.22 and 175+ mph. and a half dozen turbo cars after that.  In 1976, George built his last drag car, a 1974 Ford Pinto and ran 10.10 and 135+ mph. It was powered by a turbo-charged 2000 cc 4 cylinder engine which produced approximately 500 HP. George ended his long, illustrious on-track career with his last run in this car at Indy in September 1985. My engine is a modern build of it.  The Montgomery built 2.7 put 423 h.p. at the rear wheels and touches 662 at the flywheel on Alcohol for X/SSA. It is a rolling advertisement for ARP hardware, Scat Crank shaft and Aires pistons and rods and Ford LaCarrera Block.

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

I remember his Malco Gasser's Mustang that he was running with the Ford SOHC motors.

He still has a few that were run in his cars and his son Gregg does quite a few of the Ford Motor-sport SOHC and Shot Gun Engines. Been open as a shop for 67 years and in my opinion is the father of Turbo builds.  Even does a 437 h.p. Buick Grand National V-6 engine that is 89 octane street friendly. Could have had Jack Merlel or Bill Thomas World Power built it up but Ohio George is the bench mark.     Paul

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

That's pretty cool! I always wanted to see someone turbo the gm Atlas motors. The 6, 5 and 4 cylinders in the trailblazers and Colorado's. The 6 cylinder was 300 hp and 300 torque stock. 

Turbo ATLAS 4200  project.  Should be about 500 h.p. at 15psi, in a Supra

100_0512.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

That must be a dry sump setup? 

Dry sump  with a belt driven oil pump and a vacuum pump to pull a vacuum in the lower block. Same as the Ford 2.7. It is good for 6 to 9 extra h.p. and a quicker rpm wind up.    Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2016 at 1:23 PM, j hancock said:

There is some bitching about it over on Yellow Bullet.  Be prepared with some tall boots but maybe you will find something to help with a solution.

I have no clue what they're even talking about, but I do check in on the Friday page on Yellow Bullet periodically!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.