Lost and Not Found

jack2052

I'm looking for this fire truck that was converted to a tanker.  1957 Mack B85F chassis # 1254.  It started out new at the Turn of River Fire Department in Stamford, Ct.  They sold it in 1977 and have no idea to whom.  Oh, it's Red. ;-)

scan.jpg

I believe this is the one you're looking for.  It served Flovilla, GA (Butts County) for many years.  From what I have been told, it was sold a few years ago to someone who removed the tank and pump and replaced them with a wrecker body.  I do not know the current location.

E2FlovillaGA.jpg

• Like 2

There is a photo of this truck on Flovilla Fire Dept's "Facebook" page. While the photo is out of focus it does give a brief description of the truck including that

it came from the Turn of River Fire Department in Stamford, CT. I like the way they took a "Bikini" fuel tank, turned it around and mounted it on the chassis.

bulldogboy

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Ga Dave and other antique fire equip fans/collectors fyi. A 56 Ford fire truck was stolen in Cocoa Beach Florida.approx. 3 days ago! A local businessman moved his antique fire truck to protect it from approaching storm.witnesses say a wrecker was seen towing it away,thought it was a legitimate tow job! The owner checked with local authorities and it was not ordered towed away. Is apparently in running condition as he used it for parades,etc.Was on the local news today.I Googled it and the picture showed an unrestored truck.But appears to be complete.Looks like an F700 or F800 (dayton wheels) the emblems are too corroded to read.

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...