wtb frame cross members for superliner

screwylouie010

2 or 3 of the cross members on my  84 superliner are cracked. have been welded and cracked again. after owning the truck for a few months I realized the top plates of the crossmembers are M.I.A. so I am looking for at least 2 or 3 top plates for the cross members. truck is an 84 superliner, rws721lst. steel double frame, has the em9 in it if it makes a diff. no idea what trucks have compatible parts. let me know what you have, thanks

Edited by screwylouie010

Your 1984 Super-Liner is a Macungie production "RWI" ?

Why not just replace your cracked "channel" type crossmembers with service replacement "plate" type crossmembers?  (For double rail RWI, possibly Mack part-no. 9QL4551M8.....32-1/4" width)

Be sure to measure and obtain the correct shank length Mack "body-bound" bolts, body-bound hardened washers, and lock washers.

I'm sure the folks at Watts Mack (provider of the BMT website) would be glad to assist you.

1-888-304-Mack (6225)

http://www.wattsmack.com/parts-department/

Thank you for the info. I will give them a call.  I was hoping to find used parts for the time being, but have read about people upgrading the cross members. Right now it hauls silage on the farm 1 week a year, which is coming up soon. Pretty rough going through the fields with it. Here's the data tag on the door and a pic of the truck. Thank you again on edit, realize I left the s out on the first post in the rws

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by screwylouie010

You can also contact P.G. Adams in Vermont for quality aftermarket ones.

Address: 1215 Airport Pkwy, South Burlington, VT 05403

http://www.pgadams.com/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

33 minutes ago, screwylouie010 said:

Thank you for the info. I will give them a call.  I was hoping to find used parts for the time being, but have read about people upgrading the cross members. Right now it hauls silage on the farm 1 week a year, which is coming up soon. Pretty rough going through the fields with it. Here's the data tag on the door and a pic of the truck. Thank you again on edit, realize I left the s out on the first post in the rws

That's one of the Macungie-built Super-Liners on a Mack Western-designed chassis. 

Don't go to all of the trouble of crossmember replacement.......with used crossmembers.

The plate type are far superior to what you have now. They don't break.

I would love to upgrade the members, but the prices I'm see from the part number you posted, I cant afford right now. for now I would like to find to plates and re weld the members until I can afford to upgrade. at some point I would like to take the dump box off and run it as a tractor like it was originally. also would like to pull the frame rails apart and clean and seal in between them. I will still call watts and adams to get prices from them. thank you

9 minutes ago, screwylouie010 said:

I would love to upgrade the members, but the prices I'm see from the part number you posted, I cant afford right now. for now I would like to find to plates and re weld the members until I can afford to upgrade. at some point I would like to take the dump box off and run it as a tractor like it was originally. also would like to pull the frame rails apart and clean and seal in between them. I will still call watts and adams to get prices from them. thank you

You're more than welcome. We aim to please.

You say it has a double frame, and it was originally a tractor. We didn't build a lot of double frame Super-Liner tractors in the US market. Is it possible that it wasn't originally built with that double frame? 

it is a Canadian truck. speedo in km/h only and Canadian spread rear axles. also has the steering box mounted on the front axle. only reason I know it was a tractor is the trolley valve on the steering column doesn't do anything even though you can hear air moving when you pull it and the capped off air valves at the back of the cab and glad hand hangers on the back of the cab too. it could have been doubled later in life, it has Hendrickson walking beam rear suspension ans has another tag on the door from 87 stating axle capacities and other info I cant remember

3 hours ago, screwylouie010 said:

Something is drawing the batteries dead, so I could raise the body. But I crawled under and got 33.25"inside of frame rails and  8" tall for the cross members

Same problem with my superliner if I don't disconnect the batteries they go dead changed out the alternator still have the same problem.