NYC's new rules

41chevy

You thought the Big Gulp law was stupid? Checked this on snoops all true Safe Space law is copied from colleges in England and the U.S.A. for something called micro aggression (?)  Note To people. . .grow up  life's  stressful!

SAFE SPACE LAW

NYC Mayor DiBlasi has through Executive Order, enacted a law requiring  schools,colleges, and NYC government offices have “safe spaces” set up, complete with pillows, cookies and cocoa, to protect students and city workers from ideas, situations or duties they find disturbing. Ideas or duties that run counter to their social beliefs, social justice, that bring up facts or situations that they’d prefer not to consider or have to deal with, arguments or debates that are foreign to their beliefs or morals are also included.

NYC Gender misidentification law

Most individuals and many transgender people use female or male pronouns and titles. Some transgender and gender non-conforming people prefer to use pronouns other than he/him/his or she/her/hers, such as they/them/theirs or ze/hir. Many transgender and gender non-conforming people choose to use a different name than the one they were given at birth.

All people, including employees, tenants, customers, and participants in programs, have the right to use their preferred name regardless of whether they have identification in that name or have obtained a court-ordered name change, except in very limited circumstances where certain federal, state, or local laws require otherwise (e.g., for purposes of employment eligibility verification with the federal government). Asking someone their preferred gender pronoun and preferred name is not a violation of the NYCHRL.

Examples of Violations a. Intentional or repeated refusal to use an individual's preferred name, pronoun or title. For example, repeatedly calling a transgender woman "him" or "Mr." after she has made clear which pronouns and title she uses.

Discrimination against a transgender individual could result in fines of up to $250,000, but these fines won't be handed out for accidentally misusing pronouns. According to the new guidelines, the commission can impose civil penalties of up to $125,000 for violations of the law and (in extreme circumstances) of up to $250,000 for violations that are the result of "willful, wanton, or malicious" conduct.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

July 9th will be the last time we need to go through NY City. I'll be the one on the N.J. line mooning NYC on the top of my Marmon (while Gail yells at me to stop that). He won't see my a$$ again

I run a lot of NYC/ Long Island at my current job. The money is the best the company has to offer, but I am sure not to leave anything there. Hope to stay west of the Hudson in my upcoming self-employed venture.

underdog   are you getting out of the carhaul racket?

I hope to have my own truck on the road before the end of the year. I enjoy my car hauling job now, but not looking forward to electronic logs. My company is highly dependent on electronics. We already have GPS tracking and cameras in the trucks, with E-logs coming soon. My new venture may or may not involve hauling cars.

18 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I hope to have my own truck on the road before the end of the year. I enjoy my car hauling job now, but not looking forward to electronic logs. My company is highly dependent on electronics. We already have GPS tracking and cameras in the trucks, with E-logs coming soon. My new venture may or may not involve hauling cars.

as far as i know,,,,,everyone has to go to E logs.....bob

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

kind of my thoughts also. I did talk to the outfit you work for. they were somewhat open to my idea but the thought of running new england all the time discouraged me

33 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

kind of my thoughts also. I did talk to the outfit you work for. they were somewhat open to my idea but the thought of running new england all the time discouraged me

E logs don't appear to be that bad and with a pre electronic power units the log relies on your GPS or smart phone input, honesty and pretty face, not data of the vehicle Computer

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Another deciding factor... I spend way too much time on the I-95 corridor between Baltimore and NYC.

E logs don't appear to be that bad and with a pre electronic power units the log relies on your GPS or smart phone input, honesty and pretty face, not data of the vehicle Computer

This is part of my issue...the E-logs still rely on driver input, so how is it any better or safer than a paper log? It is more monitoring device, I liken it to an ankle bracelet on a convicted criminal.

13 minutes ago, Underdog said:

This is part of my issue...the E-logs still rely on driver input, so how is it any better or safer than a paper log? It is more monitoring device, I liken it to an ankle bracelet on a convicted criminal.

Don't see it as safer a all. As far as I know the smart phone gps data is back up for even paper.  No one from DOT inspectors to their help line can give a clear answer except pre electronic are exempt.....maybe or maybe not.... you need to read the rules they end up saying.

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

The elogs we use doesn't use any driver input other than signing in at the beginning of the trip and logging off when you're done with your shift. Duty statuses change automatically, the gps knows where you're at, the ecm is tied into it as well. What driver input are you thinking needs to be done on an elog?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

As for the uber rich doofus running nyc, you can  keep that dweeb. Unfortunately anything NY or CA does ends up affecting  the rest of the country. Can I call MT a safe space from Extreme lefties?

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

The elogs we use doesn't use any driver input other than signing in at the beginning of the trip and logging off when you're done with your shift. Duty statuses change automatically, the gps knows where you're at, the ecm is tied into it as well. What driver input are you thinking needs to be done on an elog?

None with my 1985 truck. Problem solved. Consider it my safe space.

• Like 2