Garage sale score

Underdog

my call was KHZ-0692 if i remember correctly.

the house unit was a midland base unit with D-104 microphone, and a moonraker up top of the colonial strapped to the chimney

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Stopped using a CB here about 1977 when I bought a Motorola two way. Base station for home and one each for the pick up truck and the road truck. It repeater when away when the Towers came down. Cel phones now.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

17 hours ago, tjc transport said:

the house unit was a midland base unit with D-104 microphone, and a moonraker up top of the colonial strapped to the chimney

I still use my D104(chrome/black).  I still have the receipt in the original box in the attic.  That was my pride and joy when I was about 15 yrs old.  Only problem is I don't use much and when I do it breaks up(can see the meter jumping) some from the points being corroded in the base.  I take a piece of paper and drag it through them and it cleans it up.
Before cell phones our shop had a Motorola base station to contact our truck.  Didn't really use it much, we did re-install it when the new building was built in 1995 but got used even less.  Pagers and bag phones were the end of it.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

We still use private band two ways on a repeater. Have to since there still is a lot of areas with no cell service. Had a cobra base unit when I was a kid and talked dad into putting a tower in the back yard for my antenna. Was fun but not enough people to talk to and most of the time the skip talk was always in Spanish. Have a uniden in my pickup still. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.