Busy weekend

HeavyGunner

I had a busy weekend. Had to drive down to Dillon to attend a college graduation. Not sure how to get captions to coincide with the pics since they are in two different boxes so I'll give a description of what I saw here and hopefully you guys can put the rest together. Saw this giant shovel working at the mine in butte. A view of the cuts and tailing piles from the south. Saw some cranes putting up chain link netting to keep the rocks out of the highway. Saw a man fishing in the river. Anyone recognize this bridge? It's famous.  Sorry for leading you guys on but I can't seem to get the crane pics and the shovel pics to load. Pics taken with same phone at nearly the same time as some others posted on here so I'm (as usual) clueless as to why they won't load up. Have to wait until my smarter half can tell me how I screwed up 😀 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Great scenery!  Snowden Bridge?     Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

Great scenery!  Snowden Bridge?     Paul

Nope, good guess though. It was on the silver screen once.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

3 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I had a busy weekend. Had to drive down to Dillon to attend a college graduation. Not sure how to get captions to coincide with the pics since they are in two different boxes so I'll give a description of what I saw here and hopefully you guys can put the rest together. Saw this giant shovel working at the mine in butte. A view of the cuts and tailing piles from the south. Saw some cranes putting up chain link netting to keep the rocks out of the highway. Saw a man fishing in the river. Anyone recognize this bridge? It's famous.  Sorry for leading you guys on but I can't seem to get the crane pics and the shovel pics to load. Pics taken with same phone at nearly the same time as some others posted on here so I'm (as usual) clueless as to why they won't load up. Have to wait until my smarter half can tell me how I screwed up 😀 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is the crane setting fence on the west side of Homestake pass east of Butte?  What are they going to blast some rock?   That bridge looks like the one on the old hwy south of Cascade.    Sorry, the mouse fell on the floor and something got clicked on....

Crane work was all throughout wolf creek pass.  Some areas they had blasted rock and it looked like the fence hanging crew was following them. It is the bridge south of cascade, do you know what famous movie it was in?  It was in sort of a stand off hint hint. 

1 hour ago, B MACK said:

I don't know for sure.... Kinda looks like the one in " Untouchables" when the Canadian whiskey was coming in???????

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

nice area,,,out here alotta places look like that.......dont feel bad i still havent figured my smart phone cant post most pictures,,dont even try,but i really havent tryed that hard to master it... moto x  had it since december 2014 lol.bob