Pictures of the Week

other dog

Speaking of bacon,  I stopped at Adam's Country Store on the way back from Chesapeake with that container the other day. I love going in that store- just the smell of country ham and cured meat will cause you to chub-  

adamsstore.jpg

... anyway, I bought up some seasoning meat that was left over from slicing bacon. Jo said " the doctor...cholesterol..." or something, but I only bought it to use for seasoning. You know, to put in a pot of beans or greens for flavor. It was this much, 3 or 4 pounds I think,

DSCN2316.JPG

but I cut it into small pieces and put it into sammich bags so they wouldn't freeze together then put them in a gallon ziplock bag and threw it in the deep freeze.

DSCN2320.JPG

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thank you for the pics Tom!

Some of them seem extremely bright today.

What a nice place to make a leak near that waterfall!

The goat being so close to the road - couldn't it be the source of that good bacon?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 4/30/2016 at 9:45 AM, other dog said:

I saw a container down at the container getting place in Chesapeake-

DSCN2275.JPG

I went there to get a container, after delivering a load of coils in Franklin, Va. after I delivered that load of sand at Griffin Pipe.

The James River, from Griffin Pipe.

DSCN2257.JPG

A girl getting in a car.

DSCN2271.JPG

Wide load in Chester, S.C.

DSCN2292.JPG

Saw this big Mack truck in Chester,S.C. too-

DSCN2291.JPG

I took a load of Kyanite down there in a van, came back empty- I'd been there a few times before but didn't remember what a good paying load it was, i'll take all of them I can get!

DSCN2281.JPG

Speaking of race tracks, I passed by the South Boston Speedway on the way to Chester.

DSCN2287.JPG

I took a load of pipes to Washington, Pa. and on the way back I passed by this goat- he's getting a little too close to the highway!

DSCN2301.JPG

Is it just me or does the flatbed in the first pic look like it's about 75 ft. long? camera angle maybe?

The goat is flirting with disaster feeding that close to the highway also:wacko:.

No, it's long, not quite 75' though. I had to get a quarter of a mile away to get all of it in the picture. The load was already loaded on it, so I had to pull one of the 53 foot trailers.

Sometimes the goat will be down by the road, other times he'll be way up high on the cut. I'd never seen him that close to the road before though. 

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.