Should I sell my 1971 R model

I have an offer on this truck of $7000.00. I do not need it any longer but was thinking its condition and being a small cab all steel dash maybe I should hold out for more money. You could not buy a good 1 ton for that kind of money. This is an ad to describe the truck and my profile is a picture of the truck. I would appreciate any advice and am sorry if I should have posted this in the for sale section. Thanks Randy

1971 Mack single axle dump in excellant working condition. Needs nothing, ready to work with a powerful 237 Maxidine motor. Motor was rebuilt by Mack garage in Wheeling WV some years ago but does not have many miles on a frame in rebuild. I have records of most of the work done on this truck. This truck has been in my family since the 1980's and has been garaged kept all those years. We have installed a new compressor, turbo, 12 volt alternator, new batteries and steer tires. All lights, heater, wipers and gauges work. Truck has a 20 ton hoist mounted under a very heavy duty dump bed. Also double framed to front of cab and triple frame over trunion. I do not need this truck any longer and that is the reason for selling. I am asking 10,000 or best offer. call Randy

• Like 1

if you were to ask me,,,you wont get much more than 7....but good luck...unfortunately engine is too small to interest too many,,,and the year of coarse is a down fall....if thier looking for a work truck.they usually want atleast a 1990 with a 350 thermodyne..best of luck to ya....bob

I have been looking around on line and it seems like $7000.00 does not buy a very nice B model. Are the B models more sought after than these early R models? At my age and running two small businesses I am wanting to downsize and simplify my life. This potential buyer is wanting to restore this truck and put it in a garage.  Thanks Bob.

Edited by lobo

B  models are popular, they seem to be what most everybody relates to when they think of an older MACK.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yea I thought about just because they are asking a lot also. It just seems cheap to me for a truck that is in excellent mechanical condition. I can put 10 ton on that little truck and pull just about any hill around here in 5th gear. I think I will call the young man tomorrow and let him have it for his offer. As always you guys are very helpful. Little sad though, that truck has been with me for around 35 years. Thanks again Randy.

Edited by lobo
bad sentence stucture.

ya know what you mean,,,well if your not in a hurry to unload it,,,and dont need the dough,,,i suggest you put it truck trader,or Ebay...for your price,,,n see what happens..sometimes the outsiders will pay alittle more..good luck...bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...