Floor panals for B models

Has anyone ever tried to have the floor panals for the b model remade.It doesn't appear that they would be all that tough to make.I'm sure someone on this site would have the skill to do something like this.I would be interested in the panals for my B87 the only difference on the B80's is the step down they have.

I am with you. Maybe not enough demand for all the tooling required. Maybe a good sheet metal shop could fab some if they had prints or a sample. One good thing about restoring J.D. tractors was the amount of repro parts available.

• Like 1

The museum will have a shop drawing(s) of the floor plan on file just like all Mack parts. Send them a letter and a donation, and they will get the drawing to you. 

In this day and age of computer operated presses, shears, and brakes it is not as difficult to get "one-off" stuff made. Find someone to convert the drawing to AutoCad format and you are well on your way.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I rebuilt the floor in my truck 15 years ago just using some 16 gauge cut it to fit and welded it in.  I made my own crossmember to mount the front of the seats to for added rigidity.  Looks near factory only it doesn't have any ribs in it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 1 year later...

I just fabricated a new floor for my 62 B61 using 1/8' galvaneal sheet steel. Also has 6 vibration blocks and some 2x2 angle supports. Not "contoured", but nice just the same. I'll post some pics. Still have the template...thought about making extras.

• Like 1