Early 237 powered fire truck--exhaust question

Freightrain

I'm trying to come up with the right size clamp to fit my turbo downpipe.  Only Mack can't help because I don't have a truck serial number.  The motor is "suppose" to have come from a fire truck.  Does anyone recognize this downpipe?  This pipe just slips onto the turbo and is held by a bracket cast into it that bolts to the manifold.  Note the pyro fitting, I drilled the old plug out and put a new brass one in til I get a pyro installed.  No real part number on it to research.

Ive already tried a couple clamps to no avail.  Getting frustrated.

IMG_20160401_075725_979.jpg

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wasn't supplied with the motor.  (bag over turbo to keep water out since it was raining the day I got it).  I need the clamp to attach the exhaust to downpipe.

Note oil dipstick aimed to the rear.  Was in a some sort of cabover?  Or at least access was limited to the rear?

IMG_20151003_143238_979_zpsurjexfmr.jpg

Edited by Freightrain

Larry

If it went into a C or CF fire engine than the dipstick would have needed to be accessible through the dog box in the jump seat area.  Makes sense that it would face to the rear.   I would say that the engine is almost 99% out of a C or CF.  I'd research specific engine codes for those models and see if there is a part number to be found that way.  Or if anyone on this site who has a 237 powered C or CF can supply their chassis number to help back your way into the part that way.  Though now that I think about it I'm not sure that C's ever came with 237's maybe just CF's.

• Like 2

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Thanks Ed.  That is the kind of information I'm trying to get.  What/where/when?   I figured maybe someone here might look at it and say what it likely would come from.
The strange thing is, the bellhousing is for a single disc clutch, so what would that narrow it down to?  Did the early 237 come with single disc clutches?  Or at least in fire truck application where the weight was limited to just the truck GVW.

Edited by Freightrain

Larry

Larry... Wish I knew the answer to your question but unfortunately I just ran out of talent.  Best case scenario someone with an early 237 powered cab forward C/CF can give up a chassis number and then you can back your way into which particular special parts were used to accommodate that power in that particular chassis.  Or find a good fab shop and see if they can make something for you.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Got a couple VIN's to try.  Thanks again guys.

Ed, I have access to about anything fab wise(lasers, rolls, shears, etc).  Just hoped it would be something I could just buy.  Well, at least the right one. 

Larry