B 61 Tilt Hoods

ant

does anyone remember the silver blue L-factory sleeper cab with the flip up nose on it? used to see it up here in mass. in the early 70's. it was from either patterson or trenton,nj. might have said miller or something like that. always wanted to get a picture and wish now i had. j.j. :SMOKIE-LFT:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

I think that there were 2 companys that were making the fiberglass hoods. I have seen 2 diffrent styles at the shows so it makes sence. the better of the 2 was almost an exact replica "standard" B61 it would be hard to tell by passing it on the highway

the other style I have seen had a more square look at the front and may or may not have had 4 round headlights

trent

I think that there were 2 companys that were making the fiberglass hoods. I have seen 2 diffrent styles at the shows so it makes sence. the better of the 2 was almost an exact replica "standard" B61 it would be hard to tell by passing it on the highway

the other style I have seen had a more square look at the front and may or may not have had 4 round headlights

trent

Thanks for the info. I see 2 B models in the aths show time book just like you say 1 had a authentic looking hood like what the factory would have made had they not come out with the R model and1 with a KW type grille. I will keep this topic open and see if any one else comes across a manufacturer of a batch of them. It may be worth calling Celli and seeing if they have anyhoods left or if they know who made them. Ant

Clariben was the company that made the aftermarket tilt hoods.They made them for standard and long hood B models,LT's and LJ's.also for several assorted offbreed trucks.I've tried to find out if they were still around but so far haven't had any luck.Last ads I saw for their B model hoods was back in the early '80's.

The B53 with the factory looking tilt hood was homemade.

Clariben was the company that made the aftermarket tilt hoods.They made them for standard and long hood B models,LT's and LJ's.also for several assorted offbreed trucks.I've tried to find out if they were still around but so far haven't had any luck.Last ads I saw for their B model hoods was back in the early '80's.

The B53 with the factory looking tilt hood was homemade.

Hello. Thanks for sending the copy of the Clariben hood it is very interesting. I was offered a B 61 but the hood is missing and i quite like tilt hoods. You have given me some more ideas. Best wishes Anton

• 1 month later...