Jump to content

?'s about Licensing

Recommended Posts

This is always a very touchy subject.  You best bet is research your state laws online.  If you call the state, you'll likely get a different answer from each person you talk to.   Do you have historical tags in Wisc?  That is usually the best bet in getting around it.

  • Like 1



1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"


Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I've been told in PA with classic tags you do need a cdl but with antique you don't.   With either tag you cant receive any type of payment for doing a service with the truck.  But like freightrain said its a really touchy subject, and I agree that you will get a different answer from every official you ask.   I'm trying to decide which to put on mine antique or classic and I've got different answers every time looked into it.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 1977vega said:

I think that's how it is in New Jersey, if it's antique or farm tagged, no cdl required

I've got my class A but still tag all my "play" trucks farm use. In TN, that's about the only way you can haul anything without getting commercial tags. You can tag them with antique plates but you can't haul anything with them and only drive on weekends and special events. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...