B MODEL SPECIFICATIONS

FUGLEY

Question

WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ABOUT THE B MODEL TRUCKS SUCH AS WHAT DOES B72, B-68, B-67T, B-61, B-30, B-75 ETC, I WANT TO BUY A TRUCK AND CONVERT IT TO AN EVERYDAY DRIVER PICKUP. I HAVE BEEN TOLD AND READ ALOT OF CONFLICTING INFORMATION AND I AM VERY CONFUSED.

5 answers to this question

If you want to make a driver pickup, you don't need to know what all the numbers mean.

There are so many B models that have been converted or have become unfinished projects on Craigslist and ebay, just pick the one you like and buy it.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Conversion of a B would make for a pick-up that you would not want to drive. If you want a B pick-up the best way is to re-cab a 3/4 or 1 ton current model. Ride, Stereo, A/C, Power Steering, Shifting and maintenance are all issues. It sounds like fun but have you ever driven a B for 200-300 miles straight? You will know what I am talking about if you have, It is not fun after the 3rd hour and you just what to get there. If you are hard-core like some of us a real B, original or restored, is the only way to go.

2 hours ago, j hancock said:

If you want to make a driver pickup, you don't need to know what all the numbers mean.

There are so many B models that have been converted or have become unfinished projects on Craigslist and ebay, just pick the one you like and buy it.

There are finished and unfinished B projects out there. Find a few and ask those Guys why they are selling them before jumping in and be one of them.

Typically all those numbers are for is weight ratings.  The bigger the number, the heavier the truck.  The cabs are basically either a B or L cab.  The hood is wide or narrow.  Pick one you like and put it on a late model 3/4 ton chassis.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"