I see that Watts has 30" and 36" mud flaps in the B-model section.

I have aftermarkets on my B-42 at the moment, and would like to order a set of the bulldog ones.

Does anyone know if the 30" or the 36" would be more "stock" for a B42 single axle dump?

Thanks - Mike

I've hung them with a few links of chain to lower them and be legal. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Oh, interesting - I'd never thought that flaps might not have been stock....

Guess I'll go with the 36", and I'll have to see if I can find any info about what would be techincally legal in RI, although since I have it registered as an antique, the laws don't really apply.

Still - I'd like it to be accurate to what would have been required if it was being run commercially.....

Thanks!

Seems that RI isn't terribly concerned about it.

Here's the section on mud flaps:

Well, for some reason, I can't copy and paste into a reply (not the first time I've had his problem), but basically, RI General Laws 31-23-26 state that the only time special flaps are needed are if the wheels extend beyond the body and/or fenders.

Nothing specific about mud flaps.

So, for me, I guess it'll be what looks best.

But I think that 30" seems sort of short, so I think I'm still going to go with the 36" ones.....

Seems that RI isn't terribly concerned about it.

Here's the section on mud flaps:

Well, for some reason, I can't copy and paste into a reply (not the first time I've had his problem), but basically, RI General Laws 31-23-26 state that the only time special flaps are needed are if the wheels extend beyond the body and/or fenders.

Nothing specific about mud flaps.

So, for me, I guess it'll be what looks best.

But I think that 30" seems sort of short, so I think I'm still going to go with the 36" ones.....

Flaps will stop being accused of kicking up a stone into someones windshield plus they just look good.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Went over to my friend's garage (Winter Storage) yesterday afternoon to measure the aftermarket ones that are on the truck now.

Was a bit surprised to find that they are only 30" (I would have guessed longer). And it seemed like a nice length visually. So I just sent in my order and went with 30"......